Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 14 million users all over the world who have logged over 12 million catches in our app.
We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for a Head of Analytics to join our team.
Fishbrain thinks there’s a way for technology to improve this age-old tradition. We work with the latest tech, from AR to machine learning. Data is at the core of our strategy because we crowdsource data about how and where to go fishing from our community.
We are backed by the investors behind some of the most successful social networks and apps.
Fishbrain is looking for a new Head of Analytics to lead our analytics team. The prospective candidate will have passion for data, problem solving skills, persistence and analytical thinking, ability to work with big data and leading the analytics team.
Your daily work will involve:
- Lead a team of business analysts.
- Lead the work of empowering the teams with quantitative insights.
- Develop a deep understanding of Fishbrains overall business and key strategic initiatives.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to facilitate data-driven decision making.
- Synthesizing large volumes of data with attention to granular details to discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business using state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
- Build insights, reports, and dashboards to track and present the progress of its initiatives and present findings and recommendations.
- Drive automation of repetitive processes and build and deliver self-serve tools to empower Business stakeholders.
What we are fishing for:
- Experience leading other analysts.
- Experience from analyzing user behaviors in digital products.
- Ability to structure complex problems in simple terms.
- Can process a high volume of information and distill the information down to root cause(s).
- Be an independent thinker, able to work autonomously on projects with complexity both on the technical and business side.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence cross-functional teams.
- Self-going personality with a strong sense of responsibility and drive.
- Technical proficiency in SQL) as well as a good understanding of visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, QlikView, Looker).
- Experience within coding is meriting (such as R, Python etc.).
We have trust in our employees which means that 1. you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one and 2. we value your opinions and ideas. No matter the team, everything we do has an impact on our users and on Fishbrain as a company. Our culture is very important to us. If you have a “win as a team” mentality, are passionate and like to have fun, then Fishbrain is the place for you!
Do you want to be a part of this fantastic journey and team? Please apply by clicking the link below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 070-522 01 86